I really enjoyed Amir Rajan Does Frictionless Development with Oak, Pablo Santos Does DVCS with PlasticsSCM, OWIN and Katana with Louis DeJardin, and the quick hitting Treehouse casts. The podcasts have geared me up to learn more about Oak, canopy, plasticscm, OWIN and be a regular Treehouse Show listener.
Oak is a frictionless development suite for ASP.NET MVC SPAs inspired by Ruby On Rails tools suite leveraging C# DLR to connect the dots. After listening to this talk I was jazzed to review the framework. Moving to the top of the list after Ember.js and Angluar.js.
PlasticSCM is one of the most powerful distributed version control systems on the market today providing advanced branching and merging plus integrates with all the major SCMs. Looking forward to taking this tool for a test drive. Product is FREE for 1-15 person teams.
OWIN defines a standard interface between .NET web servers and web applications. The goal of the OWIN interface is to decouple server and application, encourage the development of simple modules for .NET web development, and, by being an open standard, stimulate the open source ecosystem of .NET web development tools. NancyFx and SignalR both can run on OWIN hosts. Need to find sometime to play with Katana, an OWIN implementation for Microsoft servers and frameworks.
- Practical Rest with Sebastien Lambla
- Making Open Source work at MS with SignalR and Damien Edwards
- Understanding NancyFx with Richard Cirerol
- Amir Rajan Does Frictionless Development with Oak
- Pablo Santos Does DVCS with PlasticsSCM
- OWIN and Katana with Louis DeJardin
- Episode 9 HTML5 Boilerplate
- Episode 11 Moment.js and HTML5
- Episode 17 Bootstrap, relogo, and Alfred
- Episode 18 Backbone.js, Responsive Background Images, and HTML5 APIS
- Episode 21 HTMLS Mobile Apps
- Episode 25 Web Developer Checklists
- Episode 30 CSS and Frameworks w/ guest Ryan Carson
- Episode 40 iTunes Scrolling and Mobile Shelving
- JSJ 41 Single Page Applications
A list of links to checkout courtesy of Treehouse ( from referenced podcasts shows above ).
- fresco.js, a beautiful responsive lightbox.
- Emmet Sublime plugin for Sublime Text
- Highlight new features or provide tours of new/existing features using joyride.
- Validate site on different mobile devices using Responsivator.
- 8 Ways to make your SPA faster
- Dashboard Framework
- Alfred productivity tool for Mac OS X
- relogo.org proposed standard for serving and maintaining logos.
- Bonsai lightweight graphics library.
- jq lightweight command line JSON parser.
- Backbone ViewKit
- Editable for Bootstrap
- Changing times for web developers
- Color Schemes for Sublime Text
- EpicEditor embeddable JS Markdown Editor
- Workless an HTML5 and CSS3 framework
- CSS Vendor Prefixes
- Web Developer Checklists
- Junior front-end framework to build HTML5 mobile apps
- Sequence.js advanced CSS transitions
- hint.js tool tip library
- GroundworkCSS responsive design made easy
- Sly Scrolling library
- Snap.js incredible mobile menus
- JS Patterns
- Crocodoc 3D PDFs
- windows theme
- CSS Redundancy Analyzer